Updated: May 19, 2020
You agree that you, your End Users and your Affiliates will not, and will not authorize, assist or enable any third party to, engage in any of the following:
1. Violating any applicable law or regulation, whether local, state, federal, or foreign.
2. Violating standards, policies or applicable guidelines published by the Australian Mobile Telecommunications Association or other generally recognized industry associations; or other telecommunications or service provider requirements as communicated to you in writing by Chatti.
3. Attempting to bypass or break any security mechanism on any of the Services or using the Services in any other manner that poses a security or service risk to Chatti or any of its users
4. Using the Services to harvest or otherwise collect information about individuals, including email addresses or phone numbers, without their explicit consent or under false pretences Damaging, interfering with, overburdening, or otherwise adversely impacting the availability, reliability, or stability of the Services or third-party systems or networks relating to the Services.
5. Attempting to circumvent or break any security mechanism on any of the Services, or using the Services in any manner that poses a security or other risk to Chatti, Chatti’s vendors, any user of the Services, or any customer of any of these.
6. Engaging in fraudulent, deceptive, inaccurate, or misleading activity with respect to third parties (including impersonation of identity or identifiers such as phone numbers or email addresses) or otherwise bypassing legitimate identification systems.
7. Benchmarking, tampering with, unauthorized testing, reverse-engineering, decompiling, or otherwise using the Services in order to discover limitations or vulnerabilities, or evade filtering capabilities.
8. Using long virtual numbers or voice numbers to receive messages for the purposes of identity verification, bulk messaging, automated messaging, messages using automated dialling, pre-recorded messaging, and the like.
9. Engaging in spamming, or other unsolicited, unwanted, or harassing advertising, marketing or other activities, including any activities that violate anti-spamming, data protection, or privacy laws and regulations.
10. Creating a false identity or forged email address or header, or phone number, or otherwise attempting to mislead others as to the identity of the sender or the origin of a message or phone call.
11. Offering or purporting to offer any services that allow a user to connect with emergency services personnel or public safety answering points such as 000, 911, E911 services, or local equivalents.
12. Using free MO (inbound) SMS Service in an unbalanced volume relative to MT (outbound) SMS Service, as reasonably determined by Chatti.
13. Reselling, sublicensing, renting or timesharing the Services or any portion of the Services (including, without limitation, data received through the Number Insight or Verify Services) without Chatti’s express, specific prior written consent. Any permitted resale is conditioned upon your obtaining, maintaining, and providing to Chatti upon request, reasonable Know Your Customer information in compliance with applicable law for each of your direct and indirect customers using the Services, and may not be extended to anonymous users. Without limitation, you must maintain the following information for each of your users using the Services: name, verified telephone number, verified e-mail address, method of payment, payment information, and IP address.
14. Sending a substantial amount of voice traffic, as reasonably determined by Chatti, only to specific regions or number ranges within a country in a manner that would cause Chatti to incur material costs beyond those incurred by Chatti when sending similar quantities of voice traffic equally spread across all regions and number ranges within such country.
15. Bundling, aggregating or otherwise combining in any way any messages originating from any other telephone number, or engaging in group messaging; each number shall only be used for messages originating and terminating to such single, unique telephone number.
16. Using the Services in any manner that results in charges to Chatti by third parties, such as originating access charges, dip charges, collect calls, calls made to 1800 or 1300 numbers in Australia or any other number or service where the calling party is billed for the call by the calling party’s provider on behalf of the terminating provider or its customer; or otherwise calling or sending messages to premium number ranges without Chatti’s prior written consent in each instance.
17. Forwarding from a virtual number to a dead endpoint (i.e., if you forward from a virtual number, you must make a reasonable attempt to receive or answer the message or call, as applicable).
18. Using the Services in hazardous environments requiring fail-safe performance, such as in the operation of nuclear facilities, aircraft navigation or communication systems, air traffic control, or other devices or systems in which malfunction of the Services would result in foreseeable risk of injury or death of the operator of the device or system, or to others.
19. Having a high volume of unanswered phone calls or phone calls (including text-to-speech communications) that are too short in duration (i.e., phone calls generally less than 12 seconds in length).
20. Artificially inflating traffic (e.g., generating traffic that has been artificially increased to boost the revenue of an entity or network without offering any real benefit to the originator of the call), including inducement of third-party inbound calls or calls to toll-free numbers without a legitimate business purpose.
22. To the extent that you use the Services to record or monitor calls or other communications, failing to comply with all applicable laws related thereto, including securing any required prior consents.
23. Engaging in activities or, uploading, downloading, submitting, transmitting, distributing or facilitating the distribution of, any information that contains “inappropriate content” in connection with the Services. Inappropriate content includes, but is not limited to, content that:
(a) May be considered defamatory, threatening, sexually explicit, vulgar, profane, obscene, offensive, abusive, malicious or otherwise harmful to any person or entity, constitutes or promotes “hate speech” or is otherwise discriminatory based on race, sex, creed, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, language, or age.
(b) Contains or transmits viruses, Trojan horses, worms or any other malicious, harmful, or deleterious programs or similar destructive programming routines.
(c) Comprises or promotes alcohol, firearms, or tobacco content, except where appropriate age-gating functionality has been implemented and such content is otherwise legal in the applicable jurisdiction.
(d) Promotes, markets or otherwise relates to illegal activities or terrorism.
(e) Contains “protected health information” as defined by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 as amended, except to the extent you have entered into, and are in compliance with, an active Business Associate Agreement with Chatti or your use of the Services fits within the “conduit” or other applicable exception to requiring a Business Associate Agreement
(f) Infringes on, misappropriates, or violates any intellectual property rights or other rights of third parties, including but not limited to trademark, copyright, patent, trade secrets, rights of publicity, and rights of privacy.
(g) Constitutes or relates to “adult services” or content of an adult nature, including, without limitation, content that contains or depicts nudity, contains or depicts sexual activity, or is otherwise inappropriate as determined by Chatti in its sole discretion.
(h) Contains sensitive financial or identification information or documents.